senior living

Ten Ways to Boost Your Senior’s Mental Health

By |2021-07-26T12:05:23-05:00July 26th, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on everyone - especially older adults. According to a new AARP study, the majority of those ages 50 and older say the pandemic has increased their level of depression (69%), anxiety (68%), and level of concern about the future (77%). The good news is that there are [...]

Re-Shaping the Senior Care Funnel

By |2021-07-21T12:10:04-05:00July 21st, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

What do we mean when we say we’re re-shaping the senior care funnel for senior living providers? “We’re really bringing two worlds together - senior living and home care,” said Aaron McMartin, vice president of development at the HomeCare Advocacy Network (HCAN). “We’re helping senior living providers broaden their client base by creating a [...]

Helping Seniors Beat the Heat

By |2021-07-15T08:50:00-05:00July 14th, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

It’s not even officially summer yet, but record heat has already gripped much of the country. While the high temperatures and suffocating humidity make life unpleasant for almost everyone, it can be dangerous, even deadly, for older adults. This is why it is extremely important to learn how to beat the heat. People age [...]

Stopping Senior Scammers

By |2021-07-07T15:25:30-05:00July 7th, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

Have you or your senior loved one been the victim of fraud? If so, you’re not alone. A new FBI report shows scammers stole approximately $1 billion from older adults in the United States in 2020 - an increase of almost $300 million from 2019. “Each year, millions of elderly Americans fall victim to [...]

What Are The Odds You’ll Need Long-Term Care?

By |2021-07-07T10:28:34-05:00June 30th, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

Do you have a plan for long-term care? According to a new Healthview Services report, chances are, you’ll probably need one. The data show: An average, healthy 65-year-old man has a 44% chance of needing some level of care long-term. An average, healthy 65-year-old woman has a 56% chance of needing some level of [...]

HCAN Announces New Partnership with Bickford Senior Living

By |2021-06-25T09:55:13-05:00June 23rd, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

Bickford Senior Living We are very proud to announce that we have teamed up with Bickford Senior Living to launch Bickford Home Care. A new service line designed to successfully deliver in-home care to Bickford’s current and future residents. “We are thrilled to welcome Bickford Senior Living into the HCAN family,” said Mark Goetz, [...]

Fighting the Darkness of Alzheimer’s on the Longest Day

By |2021-06-25T09:55:20-05:00June 21st, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

The summer solstice - it’s the day with the most light… the longest day. On June 20th, people from around the world marked the occasion by shining a light on Alzheimer’s. They are honoring those living with the disease and their caregivers, for whom every day is the longest day. Did you know: More [...]

Congratulations HCAN Chairman, Robert Stidham – Global Franchise Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree

By |2021-06-25T09:55:39-05:00June 3rd, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Global, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

Lifetime achievement awards don't come around very often - that's why Robert Stidham is so grateful for this season of his life. Stidham, HCAN’s Board Chairman, has been recognized with the 2021 Global Franchise “Contribution to International Franchising” Lifetime Achievement Award for his efforts to empower entrepreneurs and help them reach their business goals. [...]

New Survey Results Show Senior Living Providers Can Successfully Compete with Home Care Agencies

By |2021-05-25T12:14:27-05:00May 25th, 2021|Categories: Franchise, Home Care|Tags: , , , , |

New Survey Results Regarding Home Care Agencies Can senior living providers compete with traditional home care agencies like Home Instead and Right at Home? According to a new survey, the answer is a resounding YES. The HomeCare Advocacy Network (HCAN) recently conducted a survey. This survey was of more than 200 women age 45+ [...]

New Book Helps Families Navigate the Senior Care Journey

By |2021-05-24T13:02:27-05:00May 20th, 2021|Categories: Podcast|Tags: , , , , , , , , , |

Listen to the HomeCare Hub podcast episode now: Six years ago, businessman Ben Rao got his wake-up call. “My stepfather started to get very sick,” he said. “The first thought was, we don’t want to move him into a long-term care community. We tried to keep him home the best we could. [...]